The winner of the competition has been announced here: https://globalhealthtrials.tghn.org/articles/winner-global-health-network-video-competition/
This competition is now closed
Could you help explain what The Global Health Network is all about on video? If so here's a chance to win a training workshop held at your centre!
We're delighted to announce a new video competition inviting our amazing members (YOU!) to submit a short video clip sharing how The Global Health Network has been an avenue for your vision and helped you in your career and professional development.
Shortlisted entries will be featured in the upcoming short film showcasing what The Global Health Network is all about.
The winner will be awarded a fully funded Global Health Network Research Skills workshop at their centre.
An important aim of this competition is to make sure your voice and experience is heard, recognised and shared widely with our global audience, funders and supporters. This will help us continue to get the funding and support we need to support you with the knowledge and tools that make health research easier, faster and better.
HOW TO ENTER
Record a short video clip of yourself, begin the video by telling us your name, location (city or country) and answer the following questions:
- What do you want to achieve in the job that you do?
Please start your answer with “As a (your job title) I want to…”
Keep your answer to 20 seconds
- How has The Global Health Network helped you professionally?
- What’s the most useful resource you’ve benefited from on The Global Health Network?
We want to hear about specific examples of what you have found or used on The Global Health Network and what new skills, information, support, encouragement or inspiration you gained.
You don’t need fancy equipment, your phone will do perfect, just remember to hold the phone landscape rather than portrait.
The film should be no longer that 3 minutes.
We're looking forward to receiving your video entry and wish you the best of luck!
SUBMIT YOUR VIDEO VIA THE GLOBAL HEALTH NETWORK DROPBOX FOLDER HERE
If you have any questions or queries please email us firstname.lastname@example.org
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The first prize winner will win a fully funded research skills training workshop for researchers, healthcare workers, laboratory staff and students who would like to develop skills and experience in undertaking health research at their institution or centre.
- Prize includes support for one workshop with materials and will require your input and effort to organise with no compensation for your time.
- All entries shortlisted will feature in The Global Health Network film.
- All applications will be judged by The Global Health Network. A short list will be taken forward to a judging panel and the winners will be announced in mid-July 2019
- Entries are to be submitted following instructions shown on the competition advertisement and are to be received by 30th June 2019
- Entrants are responsible for ensuring that they have permission to video or photograph their research site, and permission from anyone who appears in their photos or videos.
- Entrants are responsible for ensuring that they correctly reference, credit and acknowledge any images used in the video.
- Entrants must be a member of The Global Health Network (register for free membership here) based in any low- and middle-income country (as defined by the World Bank).
- The Global Health Network may use all material submitted to the competition in the upcoming video and future research and for sharing embedding on The Global Health Network.
- The winner of the competition will be responsible for obtaining permission from their institution or centre to run the workshop. If the winner cannot gain permission, the prize will be forfeited.
- No cash alternative is available for competition winners.
- The entry must be your own work (so for example, you cannot use a promotional video which was professionally made about your research site). Only one entry per individual.
- Judge’s decision is final.
This is a great opportunity but I wish the award amount for the workshop was mentioned
Dear Cletus, many thanks for your interest in the competition and continued support for the network and communities of researchers.
We usually in these instances provide support for workshops based on in-country costs. To give you an idea of size we would look to support a workshop of between 50-100 participants to support logistics on the day. We would also provide templates and tools and support with organisation. I hope that helps and we look forward to your entry. Many thanks The Global Health Network Team
This is wonderful opportunity, Will try my best.
This is a a wonderful opportunity. I have submitted a video. I hope my site is selected.
I really appreciate the initiative taken up by The Global Health Network. I have submitted and the video and also got shortlisted. Hope to win for my colleagues and help serving our environment. Thanks